Monday, October 7, 2019

Water VFX Brief: Week 2 Monday

On the second week I started working on the waterfall aspect of the water feature and how it would react to the pool of water beneath it.

Monday:

On Monday I worked on making a waterfall shader that would match with the shader I made for the rest of the water. For this, I combined nodes from my prior shader with the panning and other aspects I learnt from this tutorial as well as a toned down foam effect I learnt from this tutorial, without the displacement and only using the colour/opacity masking.


I then made a instance of this to adjust the speed, opacity and UV Tiling to fit the scale and intensity of water that I wanted to place on my test mesh, which was a simple stretched plane that I grabbed from UE4:


I decided to not spend too long trying to adjust the colour, as I thought it would be a waste of valuable time if I had to change it later when combining my final assets.
For this water shader, I mainly referenced the following images for the colour and opacity:
Few elements in any garden control to elicit the similar nod as a well-placed water feature. It conjures dispel and can tie together an entire #gardenwaterfountainslandscapingImage result for Fountain

No comments:

Post a Comment