Thursday, October 10, 2019

Water VFX Brief: Week 2 Thursday

On Thursday I worked on my final particle effect, which was to be an interspersed stream of droplets falling down from the top of the waterfall based on these reference images:
Image result for Fountaincascadas de jardin modernas - Buscar con Googlesmall pond and water garden

My first issue was that the droplets were a little too round and looked like little beans falling down, so I tried adding a ribbon emitter to fill out the gaps at the top and taper out:

This made it a little better, but it looked a little too ribbon-like for my tastes, So I removed it again and this time focused on size by speed, which made the droplets more oval-shaped, which made them seem stretched by gravity, or in clumps rather than separate balls:



No comments:

Post a Comment