Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Water VFX Brief: Week 2 Wednesday

On Wednesday I continued working on the splash particle effect, making it fit better in the scene.

I worked on adding my previously made ripple effect into the same particle effect, both generating where the waterfall hit and where the splashes hit. For the larger ripples, it was as easy as having them generate from the same place as the droplets and didn't need to be reactive, but for the smaller ripples I needed them to appear to generate on collision with the water, in time with the droplets. To do this, I followed this tutorial, adding an Event Generator and EvenrReciever Spawn to the two emitters and having the ripples react to when the droplets died, which happened to be on the kill height which would also be on the water surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment