Monday, October 14, 2019

Water VFX Brief: Week 3 Monday

On Monday I continued modelling more of the assets to go with the VFX. I started on the water pipe and used turbosmooth to increase the poly count, making sure to keep the game-ready lowpoly version on hand to bake onto later:



Once this task was completed, I moved onto zbrushing the planks for the wood. I decided to use zbrush for the more organic materials in the scene, while the water pump would only be modeled in 3ds max.
I exported my bucket as a .OBJ with the zbrush preset so that when I loaded it into zbrush it could be split into subtools based on groups, making the sculpt neater:

Disclaimer: For the cracks, slashes and metal texture I used the Orb_Slah_Curve, Orb_Slash_clean, Orb_Flatten_EdgeProtect and Orb_hammeredMetal brushes from the zbrush orb brush pack. The remainder was sculpted using hpolish, trim dynamic, pinch, move, nudge, dam standard, slash and smooth tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment