Monday, November 18, 2019

Foliage VFX: Week 1 Monday

On Monday I once again looked through the briefs and found that a new project had been added: the Foliage VFX. I knew instantly that I wanted to do this one over any of the others and started to gather my reference images.

These were the two main influences that I had found on pinterest (click on images for source artists), which I wanted to combine into a small immersive tree diorama:


For this, I then gathered additional reference images:
I collected other alpha sheets to help me think about where I would place different plants and from what angle I should paint them (for example layering the tree leaves into a dome). I used photographs to understand how details left out of the concepts should be rendered for close up viewing, and included reference images from games such as breath of the wild for the way that the assets are presented in a stylised manner.

Extra artists referenced:
Link, Link, Link, Link, Link, Link, Link, Link, Link

No comments:

Post a Comment