Thursday, November 7, 2019

Helmeted Character Week 3: Thursday

On Thursday I decimated everything to be a low enough polycount to be exported back into 3ds max for retopping. I did this by duplicating everything, then using dynamesh and zremesher to create a lower poly version of each item, then I used project to get as much detail onto the lower poly versions as possible before using decimation master and decimate to crunch down the polycount even further:
Once it was imported into 3ds max, I started the retopping process:
To achieve this, I used Step Build after picking the highpoly as a surface to draw on. While retopping I would switch between drawing the squares in using the Freeform tab, then adjusting them using Set Flow in the Modeling tab so that they were evenly spaced.

No comments:

Post a Comment