Saturday, November 30, 2019

Foliage VFX: Week 2 Friday

On Friday I brought everything together into the scene:
Before doing this however, I quickly compiled together 2 tiling textures in substance designer, a dirt rock texture and a grass texture:
To save texture space for other things, I had to scrap the AO/MR maps for the grass and add that information in the material editor instead.
In UE4 material editor I then combined the two textures in perpetration for vertex painting. I also added the AO map for the dirt stones into the equation, in place of a height map (to save texture space). I added a contrast filter to it and used it to identify where the gaps between stones were, so that I could gradient out the grass through the cracks for a more realistic/immersive effect:

No comments:

Post a Comment