Friday, November 1, 2019

Helmeted Character: Week 2 Friday

On Friday I started working on the Helmet in zbrush:
After subdividing the geometry and enabling the layer recording mode, I used the smooth tool to smooth down any unwanted sharp edges left behind by the turbosmooth while still keeping some edges on the snout for a more manmade effect. I used pinch, trim dynamic, flatten and hpolish to create more of a dramatic transition between different angles, furthering the man-made helmet vibe as opposed to a smooth organic shape. I used damstandard and slash on a higher subdivision level for any line indents, and used the planar tool to try and flatten the center of the concave areas. For the tongue and the 'X' marks, I masked off areas with the mask lasso and pen tools, then extracted them. The teeth were made from appended cones that were manipulated into shape through the move elastic tool and smooth, then duplicated and placed accordingly. I also masked off an area around the mouth for the indented markings, and used the layer tool to subtract a layer around the mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment